Women of Peace/Lutheran Womens Missionary League (LWML)
The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. The LWML is focused on affirming each woman’s relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to support global missions.
President - Jean Du Bois
Vice President - Susan Doellinger
Treasurer - Cheryl Ellertson
Peace Lutheran Church has an active LWML Society serving our congregation, the Willamette Zone and the District. We meet on the first Monday of the month except for summer months when we take a break. For more information contact the church office at (503)362-8500.
· Serves our congregation with friendship visits for those that can no longer make it to church.
· Makes and delivers Advent Swags and May Day Baskets to congregation members and friends.
· Organizes receptions, luncheons, potlucks and Wednesday soup & Bread Lunches during Advent and Lent.
· Holds a Women’s Bible Study two times a month in members’ homes.
· Supports LWML Missions with Mites offerings.
· Participates in LWML Sunday in October.
· Attends Zone Rallies in the Spring and Fall supporting local charities within our zone.
· Help on committees for zone rallies and District and National conventions.
· Supports the Medical Teams International Mobile Dental Van.
Join us as we “Serve the Lord with Gladness”!